Note: See also the list of scholarships available to undergraduates at Southampton in SOES here.
- P1 Marine Foundation National Student Award. “Last years winners were undergraduate Douglas Conway at Newcastle University, who designed a combined alternative energy solution of tidal and wind power, and postgraduate Paul Barker at Loughborough University, whose project was based on real time sonar measurement and how this affects marine life.”
- IMarEST: various awards for undergraduates and other. “Undergraduates and Cadets can apply for awards up to the amount of £1,000. Postgraduates can apply for awards up to the amount of £12,000″
- Set Awards (nominated by faculty, in 2013, deadline was Jul 31), including
- The Lloyd’s Register Educational Trust Award for the Best Maritime Technology Student. Judged by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- The Rio Tinto Award for the Best Earth Science Student. Judged by the Geological Society.
Many conferences have travel funds to support graduate students, whether it be a full or partial waiver of the registration fees, travel or per diem. Often, you must apply or register for the meeting in advance in order to be eligible.
- Challenger society travel award for graduate students to attend conferences. Required: Must be a member of the Challenger Society.
- World Universities Network (WUN) research mobility awards to fund travel to a member institute for early career researchers, including postgraduates. University of Southampton is a member. See other member institutes here.
- Appears to be no longer available: (Aug 2013) MARS Network travel awards available to early career researchers (up to age 35) to study a research topic at another member institute